Tips

Tips and tricks for the Mac and iOS world. And our beloved Technology, of course!!

7/02/2012

Root level locked even for administrators in Lion

This is really nasty: I couldn't edit my Macintosh HD folder (which is the root level), move any file/folder in it. 
This is really something annoying if you started using Mac OS many many years ago. 
I found a solution, since the helpful advices on the net about the ALC permissions didn't work for me (although I'm sure they fixed some of the mess created by the OS upgrade process).

First of all you have to enable root user:

then head to your computer icon, highlight your HD icon, cmd-I and now in the privileges section there should be your administrator account.  Change from read-only to read-write.  Now I can move any file and folder which are in the root level.

Obviously having the root user on can be risky, so take your precautions.

No comments:

Post a Comment